SBI encourages hard work and performance of their employees. SBI emphasizes on training newly selected employees. Performance and potential gives progress in SBI. Growth is certainly in store for those who perform well during their job. The career growth in SBI Clerk is as following:
- Candidates who are selected as SBI Clerk 2018 will be under probation period for 6 months.
- A person who has completed ten years of service in the clerical cadre will be promoted to Senior Assistant.
- A person in the clerical cadre who completes twenty years of service will be promoted to the post of Special Assistant.
- A person in the clerical cadre who completes thirty years of service will be promoted to Senior Special Assistant.
SBI Clerk Pay Scale
- The basic pay of new employ will be of INR 7200/- (7200-400/3-8400-500/3-9900-600/4-12300-700/7-17200-1300/1-18500-800/1-19300).
- Yearly, they acquire INR 400 in their basic pay as a promotion, till 03 years and the basic pay becomes INR 8400.
- After the next three years, they receive three promotions in their basic pay as it raises 500 for each year to achieve to INR 9900.
- After that, they obtain INR 600 pay raise for each year for four years up to their basic pay reaches 12300.
- This process keep on till the basic pay reaches INR 19300/-.
SBI Clerk 2018 was a much-awaited recruitment process. It is the best opportunity if you want to be a banker and you must start your preparation for SBI Junior Associate Recruitment. But before anything else, it’s crucial for you to know more about the career prospects, work culture, salaries, etc. of a Clerk.
Read Here SBI Clerk Selection Process 2018
Perks and Allowances Provided to SBI Clerk
- Housing Facility – SBI provides fully facilitated homes on lease to their employees at their location of working. Some call it’s to accommodation services or lease rental facility. All are same.
- Leave policy – The leave policy of SBI is very attractive. It provides 33 days privilege leave and 12 days casual leaves to employees. The pregnant women have the advantage to remain on leave for 2 years. Single parent or aged parents can also take sabbatical leave for 2 years. These maternal or paternal leave is exclusive to casual and privilege leaves respectively. If the employee wishes to not take privilege leaves then, in that case, he/she can convert their number of leaves in cash.
- Travel policy – The bank also offers its employees the travel opportunity along with guest houses, holiday homes as a complete package. These clerks are offered to travel major cities or tourist places in India itself.
- Medical advantage – 100% medical benefits are offered to SBI employees. Not this only, their family is also provided the advantage of 75% medical reimbursement in case of any injury, sickness, or hospitalization.
- Reliable interest rates – The employees have the advantage on behalf of SBI to take over any large asset like Car, home or any kind of loan at very reasonable interest rates.
SBI Clerk Salary
A Junior Associate in the State Bank of India can get a salary of INR 21000 to INR 23000. The Basic Salary Component of SBI Clerk is around INR 17000. (With a scope of promotion).
SBI Junior Associate Work Profile
The work profile of a Clerk in the State Bank of India is related to single window operator. Junior Associate or Clerk is the first point of contact for inquiries & guidance. It is the starting designation in the hierarchy of bank jobs.
- He/She deals with the front desk work and customer handling operations.
- He/She works at the single window operations like managing inquiry corners, withdrawal, managing receipts etc.
- He/She also deals with opening new accounts, cash collection, issuing bank statements and handling mails and delivery.
Growth Opportunity: As per SBI's promotion process, the candidates would be promoted to higher posts on basis of their performance also after working for 3 years through internal exams a clerk can get promoted to the post of Probationary Officer/Assistant Manager. After starting your career as Officer or Junior Associate in the State Bank of India you can also appear for Associate Exams: JAIIB and CAIIB certification exam which is bright opportunity to get an edge over others.