Basic General Knowledge – Static GK Notes & Facts for Govt. Exams
General knowledge section is important for aspirants of government jobs like SSC and banking. Here, we are providing some points which are generally asked in general knowledge section in the competitive examinations. It will give you a fair idea and many questions can be derived from these facts.
- Entomology is the science that studies insects.
- Eritrea, which became the 182nd member of the UN in 1993, is in the continent of Africa.
- Grand Central Terminal, Park Avenue, located at New York is the world’s largest railway station.
- Garampani sanctuary is located at Diphu, Assam.
- The Nobel Prize is awarded in the following disciplines – Physics, Chemistry, Medicine, Literature, Peace and Economics.
- Hitler party which came into power in 1993 is known as Nazi Party.
- FFC stands for Film Finance Corporation.
- Fastest shorthand writer was Dr. GD Bisht.
- Epsom, England is the place associated with Horse Racing.
- First human heart transplant operation conducted by Dr. Christiaan Barnard on Louis Washkansky, was conducted in the year 1967.
- Galileo was an Italian who developed the telescope. He also discovered four satellites of Jupiter and also discovered the movement of pendulum produces a regular time measurement.