The reasoning abilities in SSC CGL are directly proportional to thinking. So the more you practice less the time you will take to solve a question; hence you can improve your accuracy. If you don’t want to waste your valuable time during the exam then practice well. So study reasoning smartly and crack SSC CGL Tier I 2018.
The reasoning is generally a scoring subject as it takes only thinking the ability of a candidate. Most important topics to look out for from this section are-
- Series problems
- Sitting Arrangements
- Statement and Conclusions
- Blood Relations
- Data sufficiency
- Direction Sense Test
There are two key factors that will decide how fast and precisely you can solve these problems —
- A logical thought process
- Exposure to different types of problems
Read About How to Crack SSC CGL 2017 Exam?
Tips and tricks to crack Reasoning in SSC CGL 2018
Now, it’s high time for us to move to the section of on ‘Strategy to crack reasoning ability for SSC CGL:
- Maintain a list of topics which are important and a list of frequently asked topics. Jot down the topics in which you are good at and the topics in which you are good.
- Solve the easy ones first and Practice the crucial ones.
- Work on vocabulary to enhance it more.
- No exact formulas are there to solve the questions, all you need to do is, solve them with patience with logical thinking.
- Always Remember that the given question will be solved by the data given only, don’t make unnecessary assumptions or judgment while solving the problem. Use smart and appropriate tricks and method for solving any problem.
- Be very careful with words having negative prefixes like non- , un-. They can fool you for facts.
- Pay extra attention to topics in which you are weak and work on them on priority. You can pay minimal efforts on topics in which you are strong.
- Don’t try to answer the entire question because it may lead to negative marking.
- Try to master on shortcut tricks which will help you solve questions easily with the fast pace.
- Understanding of Directions should be accurate i.e. which direction is West, North, East and South.
- Always remember the sequencing of alphabets i.e. which alphabet comes after/before the particular alphabet and you should also remember their numerical position as per 1 to 26.
- Pay special attention in coding and decoding questions as it is a prominent topic.
- You should also try to imagine the object in 3D like dice and paper folding etc. it will help in solving such problems.
- Practice previous question papers and SSC CGL mock tests to get an idea of the types of questions asked.
- If you have prepared well, this section can fetch you 40-45 marks easily in SSC CGL 2018 Exam which can be an important mark to get shortlisted for the next round.
Recommended Books for SSC CGL Reasoning 2018
You can also take the help of these books because these books can change your way of thinking.
- Analytical Reasoning (M K Pandey)
- Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning (R S Aggarwal)
- Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning Hindi (Kiran Publication)
- A New Approach to Reasoning Verbal & Non-Verbal English (B S Sijwali, Indu Sijwali)
- Logical & Analytical Reasoning – English (A K Gupta)
Click Here Best Books for SSC CGL
If you follow above tips and strategies, you will surely be able to score well in Reasoning Section of SSC CGL 2018 Exam easily.