Being a student many questions come in our minds while preparing for any government exam like SSC CGL, MTS, CHSL,BAKING EXAM, UPSC EXAMS Or 12th board,10th board etc…
The most important condition of success in any competitive exam is systematic and planned preparation with single mind devotion. If you make yourself so determined, nothing can deter you from achieving your goal. So, you have to believe in yourself first and then just go for it with all your energy and strength.
We have prepared some tips with the help of them you can prepare for any exam.
A guru mantra to crack your exam and get better results.
Time management and its importance
- First of all you have to review your daily and weekly activities to see what is important to you and what can be changed or dropped from your schedule.
- Make study plan with help of seniors ,teachers and parents. You should know what to study, how to study and what not to study for that consult someone with experience. Dont hesitate to ask for help you really need success.
- Prepare a time table and in this divide time for every subject of your course as well as time for refreshment and other daily activities.
- Set realistic and short/long goals for completion of topics/chapters/books. When you achieve your target, you will feel happiness and it will boost your confidence.
- Some subjects need much more concentration. Assign them the time in which you are more active and full of energy.
- Plan plenty of time to revise so that you dont have to avoid last minute panic.
- Turn off your cell phones, try to limit surfing the web while you are studying unless needed for what you are studying.
Get into study mode and Start planned study
- Fix the study place and time for every day. This will be helpful for concentration. Before start study, repeat two, three times in mind that it is the time for study and now I am going to start study.
- Always study on a comfortable chair and sit in straight position. Avoid to study in recumbent position.
- The secret to success is to start studying as soon as you planned for appearing in an exam, so you do not fall behind.
- Candidates should check carefully the exam pattern and syllabus and level of questions before appearing in the final examination.
- Whatever you have learned, revise the same within 24 hours, after seven days and again after one month for best memorization. Your study will be memories for a long time.
- Make short notes during study and go through your notes before your examination. It will save your time and energy.
- It is always beneficial to practice mock tests of previous years/sample papers within stipulated time period before your final exam to get familiar with final examination.
Learn and practice relaxation techniques
- Tensions leads to mental unrest and abnormal mental activity of the mind. It produces worry, care, fear and anxiety. Relaxation is therefore an absolute necessity in order to allow the mental faculties to exercise the greatest freedom. Here are some techniques useful for mind relaxation and better memorisation:
- Meditation and breathing exercises have been proven to be very effective relaxation techniques. By deep breathing, we inhale more oxygen which helps to burn the glucose and release more energy.
- Gets your body moving? Walking is best physical exercise which helps in reducing physical tension and releases natural feed good brain chemicals. By moving your body, you are increasing the blood flow to your brain and melting away stress from your mind and body.
- Spend some time in nature. Get out in nature and enjoy fresh air. Being with nature is a simple and effective way of decreasing stress and increasing your focus which will help you when you return to the books.
- Take consistent breaks. As soon as you notice your mind is losing concentration. Take a 10 to 15 minutes break to get refreshed.
Exam day preparation:
- Lack of rest just aggravates stress. Get a good nights sleep before exam day. Avoid becoming all-nighter to safe from fatigue due to stress and last minute cramming.
- Students should take balanced sleep and diet before ones examination day.
- Make sure you get reach examination centre well in advance of the exam time like 20 or 30 minute earlier.
- If possible, do a test trip to the examination centre. Work out how long it will take to get there - then add on some extra time.
- Check your admit card, basic requirements for examination before move to exam centre.
Examination Hall Precautions
- Read very carefully the instructions on answer sheets/Question Papers.
- Quickly survey every page of the examination. Go through all questions carefully.
- Answer the easiest questions first to guarantee marks in the least amount of time.
- One should read each question carefully and its given alternatives.
- Regularly check time left for answering the rest questions.
- Give yourself time to re-read. Go through your answer sheet when the invigilators announcement of "5 minutes remaining".
How to study?
How much I have to study?
How much preparation is enough?
How to get good marks in exam?
How to manage time?
How to pass ssc, upsc or banking exam?
Best books for ssc,upc and baking preparation?
How much preparation is needed to pass ssc, upsc, and baking exams?